EAA Chapter 284 will hold its March 2022 meeting on Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 2:30 PM. The meeting will be held at Red Stewart Airfield (40I), Waynesville, OH. If the weather is good we will meet at the hanger, if too cold or otherwise inclement we will meet in the office building. Currently, it appears that the temperatures on Sunday will be in the 30’s, so we will probably meet inside.
Approve minutes of the previous meeting
Approve Treasurer’s report.
Update on PedalPlane project – scheduling of additional sessions.
Availability of EAA Ohio Region Newsletters.
The newsletters are archived on two chapter websites:
The March issue is now available
LEARN TO FLY DAY
- Tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 21, 2022
- The spaghetti dinner is still planed for the early evening.
- I have cooking equipment available
- Electric Turkey Roasters are suggested to keep sauce war, – 18 or 22 qt roasters. Does anyone have one or more? I think that I know where we may be able to borrow two.
- Young Eagles Rally scheduled for the morning.
- I strongly suggest that everyone take the youth protection program training and background check. The EAA supported background check is necessary even if you have received another back ground check from an employer, church, youth group or other organization. Information about the Yuth Protection Program and training is located here: https://www.eaa.org/eaa/youth/youth-protection-policy-and-program
Possible suggested activities – The goal is to keep people interceded and on the field until dinner is served.
- Wings Safety program – Wings has a web site that lists programs and contact information for presenters.|
- Biplane rides Possible Stewart’s Stearman and Dewey Davenport’s Travel Air.
- Fees to be charged by aircraft owners. Possible conflict of inters issues between Stewarts and Dewey must be worked out.
- Other pilot training programs
- Gliders – Caesars Creek Soaring Society
- Hot Air Balloons – Central Ohio Balloon Club
- Gyroplanes – There used to be a gyro group in Dayton, but I can’t located current info
- Other aviation groups